CONDITIONS OF HIRE
A $100 non-refundable
deposit is required to secure show/clinic bookings.
Cancellations - Shows/Clinics:
Cancellations of more than 30 days prior to the booking will
have 75% of their booking deposit refunded. Cancellations less
than 30 days will forfeit the entire booking deposit.
Cancellations - Private Bookings: 24 hours notice is to be given otherwise you will be
invoiced for the full amount for the hire
period booked in your name (minus lights).
Discount: 10% discount
will be given on the arena hire charge for show/clinic
bookings if the total amount is paid 30 days in advance. PA and Lights not included.
After Hours Surcharge: The regular hire time
for Show/Clinic bookings is between 8.00am and 6.00pm (half day
bookings by negotiation are either 8.00am - 1.00pm or 1.00pm - 6.00pm).
Use of the arena outside of these times must be negotiated prior
to hire, otherwise penalty charges will apply.
Arena Lights: Use
of the arena lights are an additional cost and will be charged
at $20 per hour or $120 per day.
Accounts (if applicable): A 5% administration charge per month will apply if accounts are not paid within 14 days
from date of hire.
Hirers Please Note: In hiring the NEC facilities, all Users agree to the conditions displayed, including the following :
- Full day bookings will have priority over any other
bookings. Half day bookings will have the same status, provided
they are within the approved set hours outlined at the time of
- Unless prior permission is sought from us, NO alcohol is to
be consumed on the property of the Northern Equestrian Centre.
- Clubs who are not required to wear safety approved riding
helmets are to provide a copy of their current public liability
insurance policy stating the exemption of wearing safety
approved head gear. Participants must wear approved helmets when
using the outdoor arenas unless these areas have been
specifically hired by that club.
- The NEC property runs on rainwater. Hirers are asked to
remind their participants to conserve water. (ie wash your horse
at your own property before the event!)
- The kitchen area and and any appliances used are to be
cleaned and left tidy.
- Seats are to be stacked against the back wall.
- Gallery area is to be swept.
- No hoof-black on concrete paths / walkways / washbay.
- Pick up all manure from Indoor Arena and leave in
- Pick up all manure from
front car park and place in bin provided.
- Manure from day yards is to be placed in a pile in front of yards.
- All litter is to be placed in rubbish bins.
- For evening hirers, arena lights are to be switched off as soon as hire period has ended (unless someone is there waiting to use it after you) .
- It is the responsibility of the last hirer to turn-off ALL other lights (gallery
area, male & female toilets, front car park, back float park)
prior to leaving our facility. This can be done once your horse is loaded if you are the last to leave.
- Hirers will be charged a "cleaning fee" if the facilities are not left clean
and tidy as outlined above.
- Please report any maintenance requirements (damage or repairs) to the NEC or event organiser.
- All doors and roller-doors are to be closed when finished.
Clubs and Associations who have a hot weather policy in place
that may affect their Indoor Arena booking should note the
Hirers are asked to request a copy of our REA/NEC Hire Agreement Policy in relation to Hot Weather Conditions at the time of their booking.
This will ensure hirers are fully aware of the options available
to them in the event of forecasted high temperatures, as
well as the subsequent terms and conditions relating to deposits
and payments should the hirer elect to cancel the booking.